The nursery prides itself on its unique relationship with parents. The Parents Nursery Liaison Group exists to act as a vehicle for information exchange between parents and staff. This group was set up to provide an opportunity for parents to be involved in the forward planning and decision making processes of the nursery.
Parent representatives meet every two months with the Management team and interactive discussions take place about events, changes and plans for the ongoing development of the nursery. Parents have an opportunity to bring up any queries or general concerns that they may have and will raise issues on behalf of other parents in the nursery.
To date the group has been responsible for helping to shape the outcome of many of the following:
• Pre-school development and conservatory extension.
• Introduction of new style diary sheets for feedback.
• Design and development of soft play area outdoors.
• Introduction of parents evenings for children moving through to pre-school.
• Introduction of internal cameras in the nursery.
• Introduction of ‘Code of Conduct’ for all nursery users.
• Mobile phone ban throughout the nursery.
The nursery received an 'Outstanding' for our positive parent relationships in the last Ofsted inspection. Several other areas also gained an 'Outstanding' with the overall grade acheived being 'Good'.